Selling a house with works completed as an owner builder for the following items?

  • New Homes
  • Extensions
  • Renovations / Alterations
  • Garages / Carports / Pergolas

Then you have most likely been advised by your solicitor or conveyancor  that you require an Owner Builder 137B Report.

We are able to arrange an inspection and report, which complies with the BUILDING ACT to place in your section 32 Sales Contract and to suit your Warranty Insurance provider’s requirements.

According to the BUILDING ACT 1993, it is an offence for an ‘owner-builder’ to sell a house without an Owner Builder 137B Report . This is required to form part of the Sales Contract and if the house is less than 6.5 years old since the Occupancy Permit / Final certificate was issued for the works completed.

What to have available at the house for the Inspector to review:

Prior to an Owner Biulder 137B Report inspection taking place, as many of the following documents  are required to be available for the inspector to review. Lack of information may cause delays and occur additional costs:

  • House Plans
  • Structural Engineering
  • Building Permits
  • Mandatory inspection approvals (issued during construction).
  • Occupancy Permit / Final Certificate